>> Monday, September 7, 2009
Left over cream from the cake i made.
Love panna cotta all time. Decided to use the left over cream and make panna cotta.
Was searching for recipes and couldn't find any recipes using rose tea, so decided to make up my own adapting easily found recipes on the web.
this is what I used, with the amount of cream left
1 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp gelatine powder
1/4 cup castor sugar
4-6 rose tea buds
1. put milk, sugar and cream together, heat in on the stove, constantly stirring it until slight boil.
2. while stirring and waiting for milk mixture to boil, mix gelatine powder with 2 tbsp of water and microwave it for 25 seconds till it melts.
3. once the mixture is boiled, take it out of the stove, put the 4-6 rosebuds in it, and cover the pot and let it soak for 5-6 minutes.
4. Then sieve the mixture and put the melted, transparent gelatine into the mixture and mix.
5. Finally, pour it into a mould and let it set in the fridge, preferably overnight.
decorate as desired, goes well with berries
I love the ROSE scent!!!