>> Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Blueberries Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
i LOVE cupcakes... especially the pretty ones that you can get in shops.
I made these cupcakes for an event and arranged them nicely on a cupcake holder that I got from my birthday.
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of it on the holder and this picture is of courtesy to a friend of mine.
Ingredients (makes ard 20):
250 grams butter
250 grams castor sugar
200 grams eggs (approx 4 eggs)
250 grams cake flour (or plain flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- One at a time beat in the eggs, then beat in the vanilla essence
- Alternately add the sifted flour mixture and the milk, starting and finishing with the flour mixture
- Scoop batter in baking cups until 2/3 full
- Place two to three or as desired blueberries into each cupcake.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes
Cream Cheese frosting
125 grams butter
250 grams cream cheese
120 grams icing sugar
- Cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy.
- Put in icing sugar and cream again until smooth.
- Do not cream the butter and cheese too much or the frosting will end up runny
- It is essential to cool the cupcakes before decorating
- Decorate it with a pipe or just swirl it with a knife!
- Remember to bake it on the muffin pans as it will come out in a nicer shape, DO NOT BE LAZY, or your cupcake will come out flat. (previous experience has thought me so)