>> Monday, December 21, 2009
strawberry yogurt pudding.
A very good friend of mine made this yogurt pudding for an outing. The texture was perfect, not too soft, not too hard.
conclusion: was made to please....
what more, it was made of my most favourite, strawberries!!!
refreshing, perfect for summer!
I managed to get hold of her recipe and am sharing it out. courtesy to my dear friend.
450 ml strawberry flavoured yogurt / plain yogurt
500 ml milk
2 punnets of strawberries
150g castor sugar
30g gelatine powder
1 box of strawberry flavoured jello
- Follow the instructions on the box of the jelly and set it on the bottom of the mould. This can be done on the night before.
- Soak gelatine powder in 3 tbsp of water for 3 minutes and microwave it for 20 seconds until powder dissolves. Set aside and let it cool.
- Cut the strawberries into cubes.
- Combine strawberries and yogurt, mixing it in a blender.
- Heat up milk and sugar, till the sugar completely dissolves.
- Combine yogurt mixture,milk, gelatine and mix well.
- Pour it into the mould, (on top of the jelly, done beforehand) and place it in the freezer till set.
- Remove from mould and serve.
- Can be replaced with other fruits
- Using the same flavoured yogurt according to the fruit used can contribute to a better flavour
- Can substitute yogurt with low fat and less sugar yogurt for a healthier option